KoreFusion is a boutique global Strategy Consulting and M&A Advisory firm that partners with the international fintech, payments and financial services industries. With a presence across North America, Latin America, and Asia, the company works with leading global payments brands, banks venture-backed fintechs, regulators and the investment community including PE & VC funds and corporate development teams.
KoreFusion prides itself on providing high-touch engagements to its clients, who love the creativity and subject matter expertise the company brings to its relationships. Examples of recent engagements include supporting a global payment service provider identify acquisition targets in the U.S. and Latin America, conducting the strategic and business due diligence of a leading fintech that was being acquired by a top-tier U.S. private equity firm, and developing the global omnichannel strategy for one of the world’s largest acquirers.
KoreFusion offers unique insights across two primary business lines:
- Business and Strategic Advisory Services: KoreFusion works with executive teams of both established companies and venture-backed firms to help them think through their most critical management decisions about business growth and strategic priorities.
Our services include corporate strategy, business unit strategy, new product development and launch, build/buy/partner analysis, market expansion and go-to-market strategy and board support, among others.
- M&A Advisory Services: KoreFusion works with investors when conducting analysis and due diligence on investments and acquisitions in the payments and financial technology industries.
Our services include business and strategic due diligence, competitive intelligence, sell-side preparation, IPO Support, target identification, and post-acquisition strategy, among others.
KoreFusion is looking for a Senior Consultant with 3-5 years of prior management/strategy consulting experience from a leading consultancy, with exposure to the Financial Services and Tech industries that is looking for more specialization, more global exposure, and a more entrepreneurial opportunity with a growing global strategy firm.
The candidate will be expected to:
- Lead research activities and external industry interactions
- Structure and deliver on performing analyses on problems defined in the project workstreams
- Provide insights and guidance on client engagements in proximity with the senior project team
- Work directly with clients
- Manage appropriate times and deliver by deadlines
- Support the firm’s development of intellectual capital
- Contribute to business development efforts
- Produce high quality client-ready presentation material, including but not limited to PowerPoint slides and Excel workbooks
- Manage junior consultants and analysis on project teams as required
- Travel on minimal notice: 10%-30% travel required (will vary with the firm’s and clients’ needs; according to COVID-19 travel restrictions)
- Proactively seek sale opportunities and propose sales to management
Desired Attributes/Qualifications include:
- Outstanding Pedigree: The candidate should possess an analytically oriented Bachelor’s degree or greater from a top-tier university with 2-4 years of strategy consulting experience from top tier Strategy consulting firm & or a similar caliber firm. We are also equally open to applications from candidates with significant experience with specialized consulting firms focused on the financial services, payments and fintech industries, as well as internal/in-house corporate strategy teams from companies within our industry.
- Consulting Fluency: The candidate should have a strong consulting toolkit, including financial literacy, a framework-oriented approach to problem-solving, and strong Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong Research & Analytical Skills: The candidate should have experience and be comfortable conducting research, gathering and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data and be able to distill complex strategic ideas into client-ready material.
- Strategic Mindset: The candidate should enjoy engaging in strategic conversations and developing strategic insights.
- Research skills: The candidate must have previous researching experience in relevant areas, knowing where to find information and translating it into information in a client-friendly language.
- Communication Skills: The candidate should have the skills to communicate complex ideas to senior team members, and clients, and build strong internal and client-facing relationships.
- Language Fluency: Fluency in English; fluency in additional languages is a plus.
- Humility and a Sense of Humor (communication): As a small firm, we take an all-hands-on-deck approach to how we operate and have minimal hierarchy. We are looking for people that fit our unique culture – who do quality work with limited oversight, who enjoy working with other people; who are not afraid to take and defend a position but that are also willing to reassess those positions based on new information; and those who are not afraid to laugh and learn from speedbumps during the project delivery process.
- Responsiveness: The candidate should be flexible (as a global firm, we work on multiple time zones and client demands can require odd-hours and weekend work from time-to-time) and able to adapt to fast changes in the work program, as well as respond to urgent requests from management and clients. The ability to prioritize and multitask is critical.
- Organized and Self-Motivated: The candidate should be a self-starter who is able to work on their own as well as in small groups, across multiple projects and deliverables. They should be eager to take the initiative to be creative and create opportunities while providing regular updates to the firm’s seniors.
- Attention to detail: The candidate should have high quality standards, and always strive to deliver at the highest levels for the clients.
- Teamwork and leadership: The candidate should know how to maintain productive dialogue with colleagues, and lead a team of junior consultants if necessary.
- Selling skills a plus: The candidate can be identify sales opportunities.
For more information and to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with attached resume. Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!